Thursday, 30 November 2017
Like the rarity of the sun and the moon, gala events like the Convocation and the Student of the Year can only be held once annually. One wishes that such inspiring occasions recurred more often. Let us find satisfaction in the fact that these events occur in the life of every university and institution and a single megacity like Bangalore has dozens of such organizations. So, they all add up to many memorable events to uplift the feelings and ideas of the society of which we are an intrinsic part.
A single day's events represent the labor of two years or longer! Academics, attendance, and cultural, sports, discipline and overall performance were the factors that contributed towards the selection of one towering student of the year. True it is that several candidates were in the running and certain it is that a few boys and girls were disappointed. Yet, the fact remains that the sun and the moon must reign supreme, with nothing like them. Valasala NVA Sai Shankar received the highest comprehensive scores and well deserved the crown of STUDENT OF THE YEAR. Congratulations once again.
Busy with the charged events taking place at the Student of the Year program, the recently concluded Convocation in the same month of November remained fresh in the memory. Though quite academic and research-based, the Convocation represented all the yearnings of the youth towards academic and professional success. Study for its own sake is counterproductive. Knowledge must be applied for constructive purposes of nation-building and professional accomplishments. Yet, jobs come so much later. First, the boys and girls have to undergo at least 12 years of schooling and perhaps 5 years of higher education to qualify for an MBA.
The dynamic GIBS boys and girls
What was common to both the high-profile events were the infinite energy and enthusiasm, the verve and spirit of the youthful Global Institute of Business Studies students. One glimpse and it is certain that professional success is on the way with all the dynamic personalities and skills that the students have achieved. Should we refer to them as students any longer? Yes, and no. In a sense, they would remain learners all their lives since the nature of knowledge is infinite. Experiences would add to the understanding and greater skills would be acquired in the years to come. If GIBS has succeeded over the years since the inception in 2001, it is the dedicated faculty along with other staff besides the students themselves who should receive a pat on the back.
Besides the happenings within the institutional dream and green campus at Bannerghata, Bangalore, it is the internships and impending placements that finally bring the professional touch. It is truly a sensational transformation before and after the two years that create business management professionals who can compete in an international setting.
The starry Student of the Year awards function
Lots of color and drama, excitement, and a little tension accompanied that much looked forward to event. Arrangements were many and little by little, things were happening in the background. Planning and preparations, decorations and furniture arrangements took place slowly but surely. Trophies and mementos, videos and cash prizes, catering arrangements, dances, and invitations, at one time it appeared unmanageable. Students were many and duties being eagerly distributed brought relief from worries. As the date was approaching, the Convocation elation remained and a sense of achievement prevailed. Now it was time for one more feather in the cap.
An imposing audience of 400 had gathered at the venue at the appointed time and place. Eyes and ears remained anxiously tuned to the rhapsody of programs that gradually unfolded over time. The spirit of enterprise was apparent on a training ground for business professionals. Everything was in order to celebrate the success of training that proverbially can transform cabbages into cauliflowers. Each of the awardees deserved what they received at the convocation and the student of the year functions.
A rain of awards!
Muthu Venkatesh received the Best Sportsperson title. Marziam Fatima was recognized as Best Talent-Female. Sameer Khan was judged the Best Talent-Male. Creative Club was certainly the best of the several clubs and committees. A Rolling Trophy went to the Organizing Committee.
Sandeep Bhansali and Emcee Archi deserve kudos as the hosts. Sarthak Bhaskar Mangaonkar received the felicitations of a lifetime for numerous skating victories in international tournaments.
Chief Guest Sarath Hegde, Guest of Honor Aruna Singh and Special Guests Bipin Ram Aggarwal, Satish Mittal and Girish Gowda made it all possible.
Lessons to learn from the two mega events
Not all the learning takes place in classrooms, seminars, and workshops in the life of a student, and more so in these technological times. Stepping out into real life events and learning through practical experiences, sustained study, and work, dedication to duty, society and country finally lead to the conquest of mighty leaks.
#GIBS #MBA #PGDM #MBA #BBA #BCOM #AICTE
Monday, 27 November 2017
It is that time of the year when you are very nearer to your dream. The only thing which needs to be done is proper preparation for the selection in an interview. This is the time when you have to show the world that how much you are capable. Be full of energy and enthusiasm and crack the exams for selection into your dream college.
Tips for Preparation for CAT
CAT toppers always suggest the smart way for preparation for CAT entrance exams. You have to consistently deploy your efforts in the right direction. Let’s have a look at the strategy for CAT Preparation entrance exam
- Focus on the basic concepts first and familiarize with them very quickly, basic concept building is very important
- There are various practice questions and mock test are available online, solve as much as possible, practice all the section very carefully
- If you want to overcome your weakness and want to improve your speed and accuracy than attempt as many mocks as possible
- Find more than one way to solve questions which are always recommended by experts to increase your accuracy. You should always create your own way to solve the question.
- Equal Preparation for all 3 CAT sections, give equal importance to all the 3 sections of CAT. Top IIMs has started considering sectional scores for there shortlisting.
- Use habits and hobbies as preparation tool, your childhood habit can be used as a best CAT exam preparation tool.
- Be Focused on Preparation, You are not only aiming for getting into the best MBA school but also looking for an excellent career.
Tips for Preparation for MAT
This paper can be divided into three parts and then can be started for preparation like the concept, Practice, and environmental awareness. Let’s have a strategic MBA preparation to crack MAT
- Plan your daily study routine time and follow it regularly. Allot equal time for all subjects and for your personal day to day activities.
- By solving different papers you will get the idea about the various topics and the skills required to solve it. Among all mathematics question papers is most.
- Read different articles daily. The more you read more your speed would be improved. You will able to quickly find the critical areas in the passage
- Practice Regularly with a different set of data. Data analysis will be a very tricky part of the exam. By practicing it regularly you would able to build up critical reasoning
- Improve your general awareness. Follow the news and magazines regularly which will keep you updated on current affairs
- Be Confident. Nervousness could spoil your exam preparation. Stay calm and cool to solve the paper efficiently
Tips for Preparation for CMAT and XAT
One can score very well with systematic preparation. XAT is the last MBA exam which is taking place. You can also take use of CMAT exam by that time.
- Make a smarter strategy. Make a powerful and smarter study plan. Always remain stick to it and never deviate from it.
- Do not start with any section. Never start with any section of preparation which you wish. Analyse very well your given test and mock results. And prepare accordingly where you are weak.
- The section on Decision making. It is one of the easiest section in the exams. You can score very well in this section. You need to build confidence by preparing previous years question papers
- The section on General Knowledge. Always remain updated with the happening around the world. Always read the newspaper and online blogs from national as well as international markets.
- The section on essay writing. Writing essay is not that basic thing. The essay should be very crisp and clear in understanding. Examiner judge the student by there writing styles as well as the thoughts which they have expressed in the essay
Tips for Preparation for ATMA
AIMS is conducting ATMA at least four times in a year. It is divided into three sections majorly. Let’s have a detail look at each section:
- Analytical Reasoning
This section is the toughest section among all. This section contains question mainly for analytical reasoning and critical reasoning. Various topics include critical arrangement, deduction, cause, and effect etc.
- Verbal Skills
This section is divided into reading comprehension and verbal English usage. It contains 4 questions on the topics of English usage. There are also synonyms, fill in the blanks, idioms etc.
- Quantitative Skills
This section is again divided into 3 parts
This section includes ratios, proportions, numbers etc.
Ø Higher Math
It includes Permutation and combination, probability and statistics
Ø Data Interpretation
This includes mostly Pie Charts and Caselets
Tips for Placement and Cracking Job Interviews
The first step of placement and cracking your job interview is how you can carry yourself in front of the interviewer. Find our best tips for this below:
- Make a Crisp Resume. Your resume would tell everything about you so make it very seriously
- Research well about organization and interviewer. It will help you to answer some of the questions which are totally dependent on organization
- Ignore general mistakes. After entering in the interviewer cabin try to avoid common mistakes
- Have right body language. Right body language will always help you in earning plus point
- Dressing Sense is a must. Formal dress is always recommended for interview
- Show interest in the job which they are assigning you
- Have a grip on the domain. Clear all basics and concepts before going for interview
- Be prepared for beginning and end. It will make the first impression in the interviewer mind
- Handle stress level and try to be natural
- Overcome on your weakness. Don’t get confused when they ask you about your weakness
- Ask about growth. It is a give and take formula which you should be aware of
I am very much sure this article would work as a charm for preparing you as a management graduate.
Like a city that never really sleeps, colleges, institutions and universities remain alert 24/7/365. The complexities of administration, faculty and research, student affairs, semesters and examinations, catering, transport, law and order in the campus, learning activities – you can well imagine that some supernatural power needs to guide the fate of the students in their search for excellence and professional success. In spiritual terms, India is profoundly blessed with a mighty pantheon of gods and religious festivals celebrated almost every day. Global Institute of Business Studies has had an inspired and motivated existence, blessed by the many powers that surround.
The fervor of the year 2017 is soon ending though some important events are awaited anxiously. With the convocation done, it is thoughts of yet another batch of students that keeps the authorities occupied. Education is not a mighty automated machine, though much has been achieved in terms of AI and VR. It is all so very real, the lecture halls and library, the laboratory and the internships, plush placements coming as sweet surprises for those who deserve them the most. Just like the seasons come and go, batches of boys and girls come temporarily and leave some semesters later like guests in a vast hotel. There is a difference because the hospitality here teaches a recipe for a successful professional life.
The inspiring convocation is done. The STUDENT OF THE YEAR program remains pending, but so close on 25th Novmber that the aura of the light and sound can be felt. Dance India Dance, Fire dancers, Rock Band - that is not all, though. Awards are coming for student achievement in the various fields like academics primarily, but extra-curricular and sports activities that together make up the sum total of the GIBS extraordinary campus existence. The music and the song will give way to dinner amidst a spectrum of honored guests from corporates around the country.
Much of what humans are results from personality grooming to present the best qualities and excel at the executive level, apply lessons learned and motivate the team. That sounds like soft skills, but it is hardly as simple as that. The key is experience rather than the book or the classroom. Ms. Archana Deshmukh put it all so well. The Guest Lecture provided ample materials to ponder. Solving problems and making decisions may be just a few words, but difficult to apply in real life situations. Jobs are no textbook situations either. The talk did bring an additional level of confidence to the trainees waiting to launch their careers. Professional success seems to be getting closer.
The 40-hour Project Management Program
What are the different stages of a successful project? Starting with the conceptualization, it is a tricky progression through planning and initiation, execution, control and closing. Human existence and not studies alone is quite dependent upon projects of one kind or another. Thinking of the larger world and the significance of projects, the lessons were well learned by the MBA students. The knowledge and skills, tools and techniques were taught in the program and enthusiastically well-read. Case studies further strengthened the grasp upon the subject, prepared for those professional challenges that are soon coming.
Wait and watch to conquer higher peaks
While it is true that much of human life involves waiting for major events to happen, it sometimes appears that there is not a moment to lose. Happy times seem very fast while difficult times move slowly. The GIBS student faces both situations, days of joyous celebrations and examination stress in academic terms. ‘When will the course end’ is a question that every student asks at some point or the other during the courses. The worry, of course, is not about the course ending, but the stress about internships and job placements. If every boy and girl is assured of excellent jobs at the end of the course, perhaps the anxiety would be reduced. GIBS is a young institution and records show that the students have been doing very well and earning excellent placements with several MNCs that have now established branches in India. Bangalore itself has received the status of a global city, mainly due to software exports.
While students enter GIBS with lots of dreams in their young minds, by the time they complete their academic courses, they have engendered even higher dreams! At the beginning, they did not understand the extent of the management courses that they have taken up. Their experience indeed is like climbing a mountain. As you climb higher and higher, more and more vistas open up. You get to see dozens of smaller peaks and these would all have to be crossed on the way to the top. And so they do each single day with every lesson and activity. The trekking will never end all life long.
Friday, 24 November 2017
GIBS Business School had organized Convocation Ceremony on 18h November 2017 for the Batch 2015-17. The occasion was graced by honorable chief Guest Padmashree Prof R M Vasagam – Chancellor, Dr MGR Educational & Research, Karpagam University and Guest of Honour Mr. Aamer Azeemi – Global Head, Smarten Spaces. The ceremony witnessed a huge gathering of graduates along with their parents and guardians to witness the proud moment of graduation for their wards. The graduation day was rightly addressed as ticket to change the world. Anuja Patil is awarded with Gold Medal, Pruthviraj & Naveen Yadav is awarded with Silver Medal & Melisa Mohan is awarded with Bronze Medal. #GIBS #MBA #PGDM #BBA #BCOM #Convocation#ConvocationCeremony